Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Insightful Face of the Nation

From David Myers, reprinted in the book my sister Lynzie gave me, "Christian Wisdom of the Jedi Masters."

We are better paid, better fed, better housed, better educated, and healthier than ever before...yet for 30 years America slid into a deepening social recession...divorce doubled, teen suicide tripled, recorded violent crime quadrupled, prison population quintupled, percentage of babies born to unwed mothers has sextupled, cohabitation (a predictor of future divorce) has increased sevenfold, and depression has soared to ten times the pre-WWII level.

The book's author, Dick Staub, follows by saying: "Everyone serves someone, either the devil or the Lord. We make the choice not of whether we will serve by whom we will obey, and the fallout from the sixties (and since [my comment]) makes it pretty clear who most people are serving."

He later quotes Mark Twain: "It's not what I don't understand in the Bible that bothers me; it's what I do understand."

My comment: If we wish to stop the decay as a nation, we have to fight back against the dark forces in our society, workers of the devil, that wish to keep all religious expression from public life.

No comments: