Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big Leg Injury

We all know the old saying, "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work." Well, it may not always be true. A piece of advice: when fishing with your children and they see your example, don't go out on a piece of riprap rock and stand on it. The rock may crumble. Just after we caught two nice crappies two weeks ago today, I went on this rock and when I went to turn to get off the rock, half of it simply disintegrated under my weight. The part that did not disintegrate decided to cut my leg and wrist all up as I fell into the water. Needless to say, we left and were done fishing for the day. It was about sunset anyway. I hadn't bled much, so I went home to clean up and take a shower. When I got ready for the shower, I realized I had a 5 inch long cut that went to the muscle. It was open over a half inch wide. So I had to take the kids, since Angie was not home yet from a trip, with me to the hospital and get 14 stitches. Or as Ethan calls them, "itches." They are out now, but my leg is still sore. It does not help that I got sick about the same time. But, I cannot wait to go out and catch some more hawgs.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Soon enough dear soon enough! I can't wait to get my license too!