Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Jeremy's 2012 Caucus Plan

Since I created this blog, I have wanted to do a post on this topic. Those that know me are not surprised. This is my plan for the 2012 elections. For sake of discussion, both major parties will vote in a state on the same day. I know they are already working on plans today for Iowa staying first. Please, not in 2011.

First Tuesday in February: Iowa
Second Tuesday in Feb: New Hampshire
Third Tuesday in Feb: South Carolina
Fourth Tuesday in Feb: Nevada and Wyoming
First Tuesday in March: Delaware, Maine, Maryland, DC, Virginia, Rhode Island, Connecticut
Third Tuesday in March: Florida, Alabama, and Georgia, Michigan
Fourth Tuesday in March: North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, New Mexico, Oregon, Montana
Second Tuesday in April: Vermont, Massechussettes, Kansas, West Virginia, Arkansas, Alaska, Oregon, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Mississippi, Idaho
Third Tuesday in April: Tennessee, Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Kentucky
Fourth Tuesday in April: Nebraska and Hawaii
First Tuesday in May: Pennsylvania, Texas, Ohio, Arizona, Colorado
Second Tuesday in May: California, New York, Washington, New Jersey

3 comments:

Abbi said...

I don't see why every state doesn't do it on the same day. I am sure there must be a reason but it doesn't seem quite fair.

Jeremy said...

True, but it allows the presidential candidates to get in front of all the people. I like different days, but don't like all the jockeying.

JerseyNanny said...

Hey big bro! Did I tell you I'm now a registered voter in the state of Iowa?!?!!?!?! Woot!! PArty on Wayne!!!!