Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Health Care

As I prepare to pay a $1,1oo+ bill to get stitches in my leg this spring and my wife has no insurance, I understand the need is there to improve the healthcare system. It needs several repairs:
1. tort reform
2. insurance reform
3. paperwork reduction
4. electronic records
5. many others.

Affordability is a huge problem. However, it will not be more affordable to the nation if we make it free for almost everyone. Let's develop a common-sense approach that stops people from falling through the cracks but does not reward illegal aliens and abortions.

2 comments:

Hamster said...

One day a poor pregnant woman came to A conservative christian.
“Oh, wise one” cried the woman. “My husband was killed in an auto accident. I cannot support this child in my belly. I want to have an abortion. ”

The Christian gazed upon the poor woman and replied “No. Woman. Abortion is cruel and inhuman. God loves every child..even the unborn. All human beings are created equal and are endowed at creation with certain fundamental rights among which is the right to life. Go and have your baby. It is a gift from God. Forget about an abortion”

“Oh wise one. But I am an illegal alien. I cannot afford to go to a hospital.”

The Christian then lectured the woman sternly:
“You chose to come her illegally. If you cannot afford a doctor you have no one to blame but yourself. Your baby is not our responsibility. As far as I am concerned you can give birth to your wretched child on the sidewalk."

So the woman gave birth to her child behind some bushes.

But the child was born with serious medical complications.
The woman brought her newborn to the Christian.
"Please help me. My child was born sick and needs a doctor"

Now the Christian was furious.
"It is not our responsibility to care for the children of illegal aliens. Go back to where you came from and Take your brat with you!!"

The newborn child died after much suffering

Jeremy said...

Nice one Hamster, but no true Christian will react this way. We take care of the child but certainly the woman does not get all the rights of citizenship. She should find a way to pay for the healthcare. It is not the responsibility of the government but families, friends, and caring Christians to help.